If you’re riding a KTM sport bike, you’ll need to meet the minimum liability insurance requirements in your state. For example, if you live in the sunshine state of Florida, you’ll have to carry the following coverages:
- Bodily Injury Coverage Limits- $25,000 per person injured in any one accident and $50,000 for all persons injured in any one accident
- Property Damage Coverage Limits- $10,000 for injury to or destruction of property of others in any one accident
Other coverages to consider are:
- Roadside Assistance- If your vehicle is disabled for any of the following reasons:
- Dead battery
- Flat tire
- Insufficient fuel, oil or water
- Stuck in the snow, mud, water, or stand
- Breakdown caused by mechanical or electrical problems
This coverage will pay for towing to the nearest repair facility. It will also pay for any repairs made at the scene.
- Collision- If you collide with another object, no matter what it is, this coverage will pay for the damage to your bike
- Comprehensive- Comprehensive coverage pays for any damage to your bike resulting from an other than collision occurrence. This includes fire, vandalism, hail and wind damage. Theft is also covered under Comprehensive.
- Medical Payments- Medical payments kick in if you’re injured in an accident and incur medical expenses.
Check out many companies for the coverage and premiums right for you.