When you purchase your Suzuki motorcycle- Congratulations! You’re about to join the ranks of 200 million other motorcycle owners across the globe!
If you live in the United States, you’ll need liability coverage for that sleek machine no matter what state you live in. If you live in Michigan, for example, you’ll have to carry the following coverages and minimum limits for your bike:
Required Minimum Bodily Injury Coverage
- $20,000 per person injured in any one accident and $40,000 for all persons injured in any one accident
Required Minimum Property Damage Coverage
- $10,000 for injury to or destruction of property of others in any one accident
Check with your state’s Department of Motor Vehicle office to see what the minimum requirements are where you live.
Suzuki Motorcycle Insurance- Optional Coverages
In addition to the liability limit requirements (which you may want to increase over the minimums by the way), motorcycle insurers offer the following optional coverages:
- Collision- This coverage will pay out on a claim if you hit another object like a tree, a building or another vehicle
- Comprehensive- Damage to your Suzuki caused by anything other than collision will be covered with Comprehensive. This includes damage by fire, hail, wind, vandalism, etc. It also covers you in case your Suzuki gets stolen.
- Medical Payments- If medical expenses for you or any passenger you had on your bike are incurred, they’ll be paid by the Medical Payment coverage on your policy.
No matter what coverages or limits you select, remember to shop around. Rates and premiums differ widely among motorcycle insurers.